Simchat Torah

Simchat Torah
We got our Bibles!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Three Reviews by Livy

Fourth Grade Rats

I read Fourth Grade Rats. This is a book by Jerry Spinelli. It is a story about a boy named Suds. Suds doesn’t want to be rat because he enjoyed being an angel. But there is another boy named Joey who is very excited to be a rat. Joey starts to teach Suds how to be tough. But then Suds gets stuck on the roof. And finally at the end of the book Joey has to apologize to Suds for all the crazy stuff he makes Suds do.


Cricket in Times Square

This is a story about a cricket named Chester. Chester is from Connecticut. He accidentally hopped into somebody's picnic basket and a little later, he was in New York. While Chester was in NY he met a mouse named Tucker, a cat named Harry and the Bellini family. In the end Chester starts singing concerts for the people in the subway station. One of my favorite lines of the book is ‘’ What mouse in New York gets ice in his Coca Cola?’’

A Book Review

I read Where the Sidewalk Ends. This is a book by Shel Silverstein. A couple of my favorite poems are Sick, The Crocodile’s Toothache, and Homemade Boat. I like Sick because the little girl pretends to be sick. But then she finds outs its Saturday and feels better. I also like Homemade Boat. There some people and they make a boat. Then they go sailing and start sinking, because they forgot to put in a bottom. I think The Crocodile’s Toothache is funny because the dentist starts pulling out the wrong teeth on purpose. Then the crocodile got mad and snapped his jaws shut. And that was the end of the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.