Simchat Torah

Simchat Torah
We got our Bibles!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sarah Plain and Tall by Evelyn

I read Sarah Plain and Tall (SPT). In this book there are two siblings named Caleb and Anna. There dad’s name is Jacob. Caleb and Anna’s mom dies the day after Caleb is born. So there dad wants to get married again. So there dad rights an advertisement in the newspaper to see who would like to see him and maybe be his wife. He gets a response and this is what it said:
“Dear Mr. Jacob Witting,
“I am Sarah Wheaton from Maine as you will see from my letter. I am answering your advertisement. I have lived with an older brother, William, who is about to be married. His wife-to-be is young and energetic.
“I have always loved to live by the sea, but at this time I feel a move is necessary. And the truth is, the sea is as far East as I can go. My choice, as you can see, is limited. This should not be taken as an insult. I am strong and I work hard and I am willing to travel. But I am not mild mannered. If you should still care to write, I would be interested in your children and about where you live. And you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.