I read The Cricket in Times Square. The story has a lot of main characters - Chester Cricket, Tucker Mouse, Harry Cat, Mario Bellini and his family. The setting was in a city across the Hudson River. Can you guess where? That's right! It's New York!
What I liked most about the book was it is a whole world of tiny images. The book was funny. For example, when the Bellinis find out Chester can play music on the radio. They started screaming and getting crazy. I mean who ever heard of a cricket opera singer on TV and the radio?
In another part of the book, Tucker Mouse had an idea to have a party because Chester had been in New York for two months. He planned a feast of ice soda, liverwurst, cookie crumbs, and bacon, lettuce and tomato from a BLT.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.