We are fully into summer now. The thermometer as well as the calendar says so. What things have you experienced this summer. I've spent time with family and friends at the beach, enjoyed a tea party, and enjoyed NYC as much as possible. I would love to post any pictures or anecdotes about your summer that you, or your child, would like to share. You can email them to me at mmccallihan@mustardseedschool.org
I've also made a goal to read at least one book per week. So far so good! I hope I can keep it up. I know many of the students have been reading as well. When a student sends in a book summary, I will post it here, on the blog so others can read it as well. Some students may get ideas of good books to read.
Although I enjoy a good summary of the book, here are some other ideas your fourth grader may want to share about:
1. Favorite/least favorite character
2. How the book relates to other books read
3. How the author uses imagery, the scenery, or a conflict to tell the story.
4. Is there any interesting vocabulary the author used?
5. Favorite/least favorite parts
Enjoy the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.