Simchat Torah

Simchat Torah
We got our Bibles!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All Kinds of Reading Going On!

Book Summaries from Isaiah, Max and Radha

By Isaiah:
Tiger Rising is about a kid named Rob Horton who learns that he shouldn't keep sadness inside forever.He finds tiger in a cage in the forest behind the motel that Rob and his dad are living in.I liked the part when Rob stood up for Sistine Bailey.The author used words like ain't,itty bitty,and mocked.

I finished one of the books on the summer reading list.The book is "The Cricket in Times Square". Here is my book report on ''The Cricket in Times Square''. This cricket named Chester smells a food he likes from his stump in the country.(That's his home) Chester goes towards the smell and finds out the smell is coming a picnic basket. Chester jumps in the basket and gets stuck under a ham and cheese sandwich.Chester gets carried on two trains and lands in a pile of dirty thing in the train station.A kid named Mario Bellinis found him because,his father made him work late selling newspapers and magazines on weekends in the train station.Mario's parents let him keep Chester.Chester meets a mouse named Tucker.He also meets Tucker's best friend Harry Cat.They all become good friends.Mario buys Chester Cricket a cage because, Mario read that Chinese people consider crickets special.Since Chinese people consider crickets special, they make special cages.(I'm going to skip a little ahead)Chester and his friends have a party and they listen to music.Chester learns some songs and stops Mario's mom from throwing him away by playing her favorite song.Then he does concerts for whoever is in the train station and saves the newsstand.He leaves after awhile.That's my report on "The Cricket in Times Square".

By Max:
Fantastic Mr. Fox is about a fox who lives with his wife and 4 small children. Mr. Fox either steals chicken, goose or turkey from the best farmers in town,so the Foxes can eat.The farmers names names are; Boggis, Bunce, and Bean. They are also meanfarmers.They try to dig out the Foxes, but they can't.So the Foxes stay underground. They meet everybody else [the Foxes neighbors,] and they make an entirely new way to live!They get to the farms from underground But the farmers sat in front of the hole and waited. Just waited.

The Cricket in Times Square by Radha

I really like Chester because he's an amazing cricket. I think it's cool that the author made a cat and a mouse friends. Mario is a really nice boy because he is poor but still able to take care of Chester. The Chinese men are really kind and wise. They are kind because they gave Mario a beautiful cage for Chester for only 10 cents. If I were a character in this story I would choose to be Tucker Mouse. I would choose to be him because he is adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.