SHIPWRECKED! By Rhoda Blumberg
The book was mainly about a Japanese boy named Manjiro, who joined a group of men (Denzo, Jusuke, and Goemon )on a fishing trip. While they were sailing they got caught in the middle of a storm, and became marooned on an island. They were saved by an American whale hunting vessel. They were brought all around America. Then they were brought back to Japan.
When I got this book I was interested with it, partly because of my Japanese background, and the book just sounded interesting. I liked the part when they were marooned, and how they survive the island, like having to kill birds, and collect seashells with the little animals inside. I think Abhishek would like this book, because this boy goes into America, where they have things Japan doesn’t have just yet, and I bet that he would like the whale
hunting part.
Over all I liked the book, because there were interesting characters like Captain Davis, a crazed captain who commanded Manjiro, and interesting events.
Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate Dicamillo
This book was about a girl named India Opal Buloni, and how she gets a dog (Winn-Dixie) and how he changes her life. One of the ways is that she gets new friends like: Otis, Miss Franny, Gloria Dump, etc. So she is just making new friends then has a big party with those friends in the end. What I like about this book is that Winn-Dixie actually smiles, and almost gets lost in the end. That part was really shocking and funny at the same time.
Fantastic Mr.Fox By Ronald Daul
This book is about a bunch of farmers having trouble about a fox because the fox is stealing food from them. So eventually the farmers get 108 workers (with guns) to stand around the fox’s den (the plan was to starve him out then shoot him). Then the fox dug under the workers, and ran into one of the farmers chicken farm, and got chicken. Then he ran into a goose farm. Then he got goose. Then he ran into one of the trios cider celler. Then he got a drink to go with it. I liked this story because the fox outsmarted the farmers big time! I also liked it because its one of those silly kind of books, and I like silly books.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
J.K. Rowling
This book is about Harry Potter having a godfather accused of killing 13 people with a single curse. In the book Harry learns that his godfather (Sirius Black) helped you-know-who kill his parents, but in the end, it was not Sirius who helped kill Harry’s parents. I liked this book because Harry needs to learn how to defend himself when a Dementor attacks him. I also like this book because Griffendor loses their first Quitich match.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.