Procedures. A teacher spends a great portion of her time thinking about, creating, teaching, and monitoring procedures. These “procedures” are intentional, and their goal is to create a climate and tone of warmth and safety. Students understand the teacher’s expectations. The room is a place where focused learning can occur.
With that in mind, we have learned a lot of procedures this week such as where to put your lunch, how to start your day, how we move through the room, hallways, school, and how to begin and end the day.
We begin our day by greeting one another as we come into the room, and by reading the morning message to know “what’s next.” I hope that you will develop a “procedure” or a habit of checking the blog regularly because this is our main means of communication.
Homework
You may have noticed that we are using a chart to keep track of our homework assignments. This is a temporary solution to a shipping issue. Monday, Sept. 20, we should have our planners and will begin using that for homework. It is also a handy way for us to communicate with each other.
Reading for 30 minutes is part of the nightly homework. This can be a time where your fourth grader reads silently, partner reading with you, or you can read to them.
Keyboarding
Today we started practicing our keyboarding skills. Students used a variety of games, and practice sites to practice using proper keyboarding technique. Today, most practiced using the home row. Here are two sites that seem to be student favorites:
onlytypinggames.com and freetypinggames.net
I was born from Greatness
Therefore that makes me Great.
Today I will spread Love
Not hate
Not lies
Not violence
Just Love.
Today I will do more,
I will learn more,
I will be more
Than anyone ever thought I could.
Today I will strive for GREATNESS and nothing else.
Created by Susan M. Green © 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.