This summer I read "Fourth Grade Rats" by Jerry Spinelli. I liked this book because the excitement never faded. The book tells a story of a boy named Suds. He is in 4th Grade now and is called a rat. Rats are tough. They say "no" to their moms and push first graders around. But Suds does not like being a rat. He is a kind hearted boy. When Joey, his best friend, says that being a rat is one of the steps to becoming a man, Suds tried to be tough. However, he always does something wrong. Then, Joey says if you don't get tough, not one girl will like you. So, Suds starts getting lessons. Then the girl he likes, likes him! Later, his mom talks to him and Suds says "I don't like being a rat", and he gives up. Afterwards, Joey says he is sorry for insisting that he needed to be a rat.
Madalena Silva
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.