

"I can't believe how many cigarette butts there are!"
"Don't people know these bottles are recyclable?!"
"Mrs. McCallihan, look at all this garbage!"
These are just some of the comments the 4th grade students exclaimed as they walked a one-block area picking up trash to take back to the class for our first pollution activity. Upon returning to the classroom, the students sorted the trash into categories they'd chosen, and we reflected on how humans contaminate the earth.
"When I was walking to school today I saw so many cigarette butts on the street, and it was driving me crazy," Julius shared this morning when he arrived. I told him that I too was bugged by the sight of some litter in the A & P parking lot, and was moved to pick it up and throw it out. Awareness is a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.