When I was in third grade we had four third grades in our school in Connecticut. We had a third grade spelling bee, and I finished in fourth place. The word that was my demise? Chef. I spelled it c-h-i-e-f. Yep, chief! I still remember the sinking feeling I had as I was spelling the word, thinking, "I know this isn't right!"
Wrench, nineteen and obsidian are the words that I'm sure our fourth graders know how to spell now. As Logan stated this morning when saying he knew how to spell the word, but it got mixed up with the word eighteen in his mind; "Something happens to your brain when you're up there. I can't explain it."
Favorite quote of the night? This one from Madison:
Speaker: "Grace"
Madison: "Grace? As in Amazing Grace?"


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.