Simchat Torah

Simchat Torah
We got our Bibles!

Monday, July 18, 2011

What Gardens are you visiting?


Recently I went to the New York Botanical Garden's exhibit called Spanish Paradise: Gardens of the Alhambra. It was a beautiful experience. On this particular evening, not only did I enjoy an incredibly bounty of beautiful and interesting flowers and plants, but Spanish music played by guitarist Nathan Herrera, paella, and flamenco dancing. I highly recommend visiting not only the exhibit, but the entire garden. I don't know if it can be done in one day, though. The NYBG has 250 acres of gardens. It is such a beautiful place.

As you may or may not know, this year's theme is gardens. In the fourth grade we study plant life cycles, and will be planting various vegetables and flowers in our room garden. I'll give you an insider secret, we may even grow things hydroponically!

I would love to know what you're doing this summer! Drop me an email (mmccallihan@mustardseedschool.org), or post a comment here on the blog. Remember, if you visit a garden, to send a post card in to the office for our garden display.

To make our room the garden paradise I hope it to be, could you please bring a plant, seeds, or a potted flower during the first week of school? It would be most helpful for our study!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.