Fourth graders excitedly and carefully arranged their poetry displays before we headed to worship, unsure if anyone would visit our exhibition. We were so surprised when we arrived back in our room, and the third grade, several parents, Mrs. Spurgin, and a grand parent were enjoying our displays.
Students researched a poet of their choosing, learning about his/her life, and their poetry style. They wrote a report on their poet, and composed a poem in that poet's style. Dameire was inspired by Shel Silverstein when he wrote this poem:
I was walking down the street
And I tripped on a shoelace
And fell back
I fell back and
I flew past the store
Flew past the school
Back past the house
And I was dizzy
But I was lucky
My mom gave me a fizzy
She said how did I fall back
I told her I was running track.
I told a lie
Indeed I did
I told a lie,
Kind of a fib.
Hope I don’t die
When she finds out.
Here's some pictures from our poetry exhibition
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.